Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 2 of the blog life, post 1

Every month Katy goes wild with a few of her girl friends. They all get together and run the streets of Katy, TX.....or not. She plays Pokeno (which I still don't understand) once a month with her friends. Girls night for her turns in to Guys Night for me and Christopher. We've been to the Christmas Tree lighting in downtown Katy, shopping at Katy Mills, gone out with Kevin (when he was here) and a few other things. Tonight we decided to go to my grandparents house. The plan was to go to Chick-Fil-A so Christopher (who will be known as CRG in this blog) could play on the playground. Grandma and Grandpa were going to go....so they said on the phone. Of course, when we get there they're dressed in their best, pajamas, and looked like they had no intention of going anywhere. Honestly, that's fine because I knew what the plan was. We would be eating Grandma's beans and whatever else she cooked that night. CRG is at the point where he likes to feed himself. Beans are really difficult. More so without a high chair. He had a few bites of beans, but most of them ended up on his pants, bib, and my shirt. Needless to say, he was more interested in playing than eating. My grandparents (his great grandparents) decided to solve the problem by taking CRG to "the stash". The stash is a 4 drawer rubbermaid container filled with cookies and candy. Long story short, CRG wanted nothing to do with dinner and everything to do with his "grab" for the night. It's basically like going trick-or-treating every time we go to Grandma's. The pic shown is today's grab.



By the way, I had to hide all his loot, bring him home and feed him something he could feed himself.....

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to see that I will not be the only grama with a stash. Oh course Hailey is not big enough yet so I will just have to stick with stuff like pears for now. I can not believe how big your handsome little guy is getting. I'm going to enjoy being able to watch him grow up on this blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad that you'll be able to share in our fun times! I'm hoping to snag his twix!!

    ReplyDelete