Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Well hello there!

It's good to see you, let's catch up a little bit.

Yesterday, Monday, September, 14th we had quite a scare. BJG woke up for a late night feeding about 1:30am and seemed a little warm. When he woke up for the day around 7:30am he seemed hot so we took his temperature. It came in at an alarming 101.5. We immediately called our pediatrician and took him to her office. Upon arriving, they advised Katy to head to Texas Children's Hospital's ER and called them to let them know we were on our way. **To rewind just a bit, about a week and half ago we took BJG in for a slight fever and congestion. They drew blood and took a urine analysis and everything came back negative.** Our pediatrician told us to be prepared to stay at TCH for a few days. Needless to say, we were quite concerned and scared.

The above pictures were taken in the ER room at TCH. Poor BJG went through blood being drawn out of both hands (the first time it was drawn, his blood clotted so they needed more.), rectal temperature readings, testing for the flu (a hose had to be inserted up his nose), and a urine test (they went and got it instead of waiting for him to pee - OUCH!) There was talk of taking a lumbar sample from his spine, but thankfully it was deemed unnecessary.

After spending our day at TCH, he was finally discharged yesterday afternoon. Remarkably, he continued to have a great attitude and was a trooper throughout the day (minus all the poking) and never seemed to be that bothered by the fever. When we left he had a 100.2 temp. We'll go back to out ped. tomorrow morning for a follow-up. Please keep us in your prayers. We've already been told if the fever is there again, we may be back at TCH tomorrow.

It was nice catching up with all of you. Let's do this again soon.