Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Ice Cream Truck



Remember when you were a little kid and you would hear the ice cream truck off in the distance? I remember running inside and seeing how much change I could corral in the cushions or find laying around. Then all the kids from the street would emerge about the same time, listening carefully trying to find what direction the ICT was coming from. If you were able to come up with about a buck you could seriously do some damage and get whatever you wanted.

Hello 2011. Who knew a bomb pop could cost $2.25? I'm almost certain I could by a 6 pack of them at HEB for about $3. I know, I know...it's the novelty of buying from the ice cream man, but that novelty wears off real quick when you lay down a $5 for 2 bomb pops, get 50 cents back and watch as about 1/3 of the popsicle actually gets eaten while the other 2/3 ends up on the face, ground, shirt, chair, dog's mouth....well, you get the picture.



Granted, this was the first time for the boys to get something from the Ice Cream Man. Next time we hear that evil sound spewing from the his speakers I'll be sure to stay inside.



1 comment:

  1. They are too cute! Wow, if the Ice Cream truck charges that much these days, you would think they would have nice trucks.

    ReplyDelete