Thursday, February 17, 2011

....Think Big! Work Hard! Have Fun!

$500 Monopoly Dollars to the first person who texts Katy or I with the musical group who sings that tune. Ready, Go!

Last Friday was my 31st birthday. Just another day really, but it may have been my best birthday yet. Why you ask? First, I was off as I hadn't started my new job yet so I was able to spend the day with my wonderful fam. The day started with breakfast at my mom's: chorizo, beans, potatos, tortillas...Yum! Katy and I went home and just hung out for the majority of the rest of the day.

The fun started that night. For Christmas we bought CRG tickets to his 2nd concert, Imagination Movers-Live from the Idea Warehouse! We took CRG to this concert a little more than a year ago, but I don't think he really knew what was going on. Since we all know how impatient 3 year olds can be we didn't tell him where we were going until after we parked at the Verizon Wireless Theatre. He was excited and couldn't wait to get in. Last year, the place was packed. This year, the place was half empty. It was actually nice. We pretty much had a whole row to our self which gave CRG, err Katy and me, plenty of room to dance. Seriously, it was one the best birthday nights ever. Choo Choo Soul opened for IM and put on a great show. Of course the Movers had the place hopping all night. We were fortunate enough to get a high five from Mover Rich during the show. Afterwards, we took CRG to the stage to show him all the musical equipment the Movers used. CRG received a guitar pick from one of the stage hands while we were down there which made his day. Even though CRG didn't dance as much as some kids, or his parents, he still had a great time.

I'm sure some would rather spend their birthday at bar with shots or out with friends, not that there is anything wrong with those things. Seriously though, I wouldn't trade my life for anyone elses right now. I had such a fun time at a kids concert filled with toddlers. To see CRG's eyes light up the way they did - it was all worth it. Birthday, it's just another day really. What are you going to do with your day to make it great?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic birthday! Mason loves IM too. Glad CRG had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great, Chris. I loved that you, Katy, and CRG had such a great time at the Movers on YOUR birthday! :) We would have loved to go, too, as our older two are HUGE fans (and the youngest one will be soon, as he already boogies when the music is on!). Maybe the next time they're in town we can make the show!
    I didn't know Choo Choo Soul opened for them - I'd bet that was fun too.
    Glad to see you're back to blogging. Now, about those pictures.... get to postin'!! ;)

    ReplyDelete