Friday, June 5, 2009

Astros vs Rockies 6/4/09

We went to the 'Stros game last night with our friends Tracy and Nathan. As you may know, the 'Stros have been on fire lately winning 5 out of 6 games. Watch out National League, here we come!! The Rockies must have used their fear of the Astros to lift them past the rising 'Stros in a 10-3 Rockies win.

Depsite the fact that we were blown out, everyone had an enjoyable time. Thanks Tracy for making the end of the night exciting! ;)

One of my pet peeves at sporting events is when there is someone sitting behind you who thinks they know EVERYTHING! I consider myself pretty knowledgeable in most things sports, but I won't run my mouth and tell you so. Anyways, there was the guy sitting behind us last night...wearing a Rockies shirt trying to explain certain aspects of baseball to friends. Normally, I won't respond to these morons that state erroneous facts, but last night I had to say something. Seriously, if you're wearing a team's jersey at least know if they play in the National or American League. When my wife is laughing at your baseball knowledge, something went terribly wrong with what came out of your mouth!!

"You see, this game doesn't matter for either team. The only games that matter are divisional games. The Astros and Rockies aren't in the same division or the same league. The Rockies are in the Amerian League and sometimes they travel to the National League to play inter-conference games"
At this point I had heard enough of his rambling nonesense and I had to inform him that no, the Rockies were not in the American League...nor had they ever been, unlike the Milwaukee Brewers.
Thank you for letting me rant. Kevin, Brad and Adam, I know you'll appreciate this.

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure you need to check your facts. The Rockies are in the AL. I know this because in the World Series (that is like baseballs championship game) there is one team from the National League and one from the American League. A couple of years ago the Rockies battled the Boston Red Sox in this game. Anyone that is a baseball fan remembers this game because Curt Schilling got a bloody sock and Nomar Garciapara hit a walk off grand-slam in the top of the ninth to win 3-2. Anyways my point is Boston is in the National league; this is quite clear because they are in the same division as Toronto (which is in Canada). Canada is not part of America and therefore cannot be in the American League. That is also why MLB moved the Expos to Washington. Bud Selig realize Montreal was in Canada and since the Expos are an American League team they were told they either had to forfeit all of their home games or move to America. In retrospect they should have stayed in Canada. At least then they would have an excuse for never posting a win.

    ReplyDelete